Please note that the MindLink Mobile, MindLink Desktop V1/V2, MindLink Desktop V3, MindLink SharePoint and MindLink API implementations can be collocated on the same server saving the customer costs setting up and configuring server instances for each of these solutions.
Also worth noting is that as of 17.2 development on MindLink Desktop V1/V2 has been parked. If you wish to continue using MindLink Desktop V1/V2 the last available version is 184.108.40.206, this can also be collocated alongside MindLink Desktop V3.
1 – Log on to the Server that has been provisioned for MindLink as the Service Account that will be running MindLink, or an Administrator
2 – Navigate to the MindLink Installer MSI and double click
*The name of this file may vary dependant on its origin.
3 – Click Next
4 – Tick the box to accept the terms of the License Agreement and click Next
5 – Specify the Directory into which you want to install MindLink and click Next again
If you happen to install MindLink for another component to the same folder, they will be separated in their own sub folders as seen below.
6 – Specify the account to be used to run the service (this will have been decided in Section 1: Planning), and click next
7 – Click Install
8 – Click Finish. This will launch the MindLink Management Center – we will configure this in Section 4: Management Center.
For a Step by Step guide for the entire deployment you can refer to this Product Deployment Guide.
Defualt installation directories are dependent on the product to be installed.
- MindLink Desktop (v3) - C:\Program Files\MindLink Software\MindLink Desktop\
- MindLink Desktop Classic/Streams (v1/v2) - C:\Program Files\MindLink Software\MindLink Desktop Classic\
- MindLink API - C:\Program Files\MindLink Software\MindLink API\
- MindLink Mobile - C:\Program Files\MindLink Software\MindLink Mobile\
- MindLink Desktop for SharePoint - C:\Program Files\MindLink Software\MindLink Desktop for SharePoint\
The service executable file is called MindLink.Core.Host.exe, and its associated config file is called called MindLink.Core.Host.exe.config
Log files/installation paths depend on the product e.g. C:\Program Files\MindLink Software\MindLink Mobile\Connector Service\logs this folder is created at first run.
Service is launched by Starting the Service from Services.msc, the service name is dependent on the product name.
- MindLink Desktop - MindLink Desktop Server
- Desktop for SharePoint - MindLink Desktop for SharePoint Server
- MndLink Mobile - MindLink Mobile Server
- MindLink API - MindLink API